The Anti-Empire Report
An updated summary of the charming record of US foreign policy. Since the end of the Second World War, the United States of America has …
- Attempted to overthrow more than 50 governments, most of which were democratically-elected.
- Attempted to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20 countries.
- Grossly interfered in democratic elections in at least 30 countries.
- Dropped bombs on the people of more than 30 countries.
- Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders.
In total: Since 1945, the United States has carried out one or more of the above actions, on one or more occasions, in the following 69 countries (more than one-third of the countries of the world):
3. See chapter 18 of Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower – add Palestine, 2006 to the list