Learn more about FPJ’s audience and types of advertising and let the editor know what FPJ can do for you via the form below.
Learn More About FPJ Readers
Foreign Policy Journal delivers more than 80,000 page views, representing more than 50,000 unique visitors, per month. FPJ readers are relatively young, with over 66% between the ages of 18 and 44. Nearly one-quarter of FPJ readers are between the ages of 25 and 34. 66% of readers are male. FPJ has a loyal readership, with 11% returning visitors.
Readers are highly educated and affluent, with above US averages for college or grad school and income greater than $100,000. Additionally, FPJ readers are more likely to have children and be politically active than the US average.
FPJ readers are highly interested in: news and politics, lifestyles and hobbies, green living, health and fitness, art and theater, travel, and media and entertainment. They are in the market for travel, travel accommodations, financial and investment services, employment, education, career consulting, consumer electronics, and real estate.
While readers are predominantly American, with nearly half of visitors in the United States, FPJ content also reaches an international audience. While it varies by recent popular content, for the last quarter, top countries reached were the UK, Canada, India, Australia, Germany, Pakistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Netherlands.
About 54% of readers visit the site from their desktop computer, while 39% are on a mobile device and 7% on a tablet.
FPJ content performs very well in search engine results for many subjects related to US foreign policy and international affairs. 58% of visitors find FPJ through an internet search. Indicating brand awareness, about 21% arrive directly, with additional traffic from social media, external links, and email newsletter FPJ Weekly.
(Based on fourth-quarter data for 2017. Sources are Google Analytics and Quantcast.)
Learn More About Advertising Options
- Impressions cap – the maximum number of impressions you’d like FPJ to deliver; upon reaching the cap, your campaign will end
- Frequency cap – the maximum number of impressions you’d like to deliver to individual readers within a given time frame, e.g., five impressions per unique visitor per day
- Budget cap – the maximum amount you’d like to spend in US dollars; upon reaching your cap, FPJ will cease delivering your campaign so you don’t go over budget
For a CPM quote, please provide information about the product or service you are marketing, the relevance for FPJ’s readers, and your ad campaign’s goals by completing the form below.
Native Advertising (Sponsored Content)
- Any external links must include the “nofollow” attribute so as not to pass page rank, to comply with Google’s terms of service
- The content must be clearly identified to readers as paid content (i.e., “Sponsored Content” or “Paid Content”)
- FPJ reserves full editorial rights, and sponsored content must otherwise comply with the submission guidelines.
- Content must align with the purpose and values of FPJ (see here)
For a cost quote, please use the form below to provide information about your product or service and it’s relevance for FPJ’s readers (i.e., what problem can it help them solve, or what obstacle can it help them overcome?). Cost will vary depending on quality of the content, relevance, and alignment with FPJ’s guidelines, purpose, and values. (Higher quality content with greater relevance and close alignment of purpose will cost you less.)
Email Newsletter (FPJ Weekly)
Also feel free to inquire about the possibility of connecting with newsletter subscribers with a dedicated email campaign as an FPJ sponsor.
Affiliate or Other
If you have an affiliate program for your product or service, or if you have other ideas about how FPJ can help you connect with a responsive audience, feel free to submit your proposal via the form below. Please be as specific as possible about your proposal.